|hybrid working, minimum four days in London office, one day from home
|£55k depending on experience + private health care scheme, pension, and discretionary bonus
|Malcolm Reading Consultants
|March 28, 2024, or when position filled
Malcolm Reading Consultants (MRC) is the leading independent organiser of international architectural competitions. We believe in the power of design to create new perceptions and act as an inspiration.
This varied role offers the opportunity to work on interesting and fast-moving cultural projects with high-profile global clients. Highly successful within our sector, the MRC team is friendly, supportive, and energetic. We help clients commission new museums, contemporary art galleries, libraries, visitor attractions, residential buildings, hotels and resorts, universities and performing arts venues — as well as urban and landscape design projects.
The communications power and visual appeal of our project materials is a key element in attracting the world’s most talented and ambitious architects to our competitions.
We are now looking for a skilled Graphic Designer with excellent attention to detail, the ability to work speedily under pressure and a flair for image selection and typography. You can look forward to a supportive work environment and involvement in many interesting projects.
- create identity and style for competition materials
- produce high-quality well-designed print and digital documents, exhibition materials and digital presentations
- create media releases and photo briefs
- research imagery
- contribute to maps and architectural diagrams
- responsible for all visual materials in the office
- deal with printers
- support our external website consultant
Who we’re looking for:
You will need to have:
- a good general education and previous design training, such as a graphic design degree or equivalent
- circa five years’ relevant experience
- a flair for typography and image selection
- good proofreading and interpersonal skills
- an enthusiasm for design and architecture
- proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite, including MS PowerPoint
- knowledge of architectural software advantageous
The key attitudes of mind we seek from you include:
- hard-working with persistence and initiative
- ability to take direction and feedback
- ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- ability to work on own initiative, meet deadlines and work on several tasks at once
We offer hybrid working: four days in our Blackfriars office and one day a week working from home.
We offer a competitive salary plus a private health scheme, pension contribution, discretionary bonus, and generous holiday allowance. We are a friendly team with a straightforward approach and a passion for quality.
To apply, please read the full job description then send a covering letter with your CV and a sample portfolio (no more than 15 sides of A4, no more than 25 MB please). Closing date is March 28 or when position filled. Please explain in your letter who you are and why you would like to work for us.
Send it to: Mrs Catherine Reading, Director via [email protected]
No agencies, please.