Salary: Competitive – depending on experience
Company: Malcolm Reading Consultants
Job Type: Permanent
Malcolm Reading Consultants is the leading independent organiser of international architectural competitions. We believe in the power of design to create new perceptions and act as an inspiration.
Working with MRC offers the opportunity to work on a wide variety of interesting projects with high-profile cultural clients dedicated to excellence.
Among others, these include, Houston Endowment; Arts South Australia; the British Library; the Cabinet Office; the Royal College of Art; St Catharine’s College, Cambridge; Exeter College, Oxford; Qatar Museums; the National Railway Museum; MK:U and University College Dublin.
Our competitions attract the world’s leading architects and designers and our juries include thought-leaders and famous figures from the worlds of design, media, politics and business.
- Liaise with clients, arrange and attend meetings, take/issue minutes
- Assist with preparing documents, including letters, agendas and memos
- Project-specific research and benchmarking
- Help with procurement processes
- Assemble project document drafts
- Log competition entries and help with reports on email Q&As
- Picture research and name, order and file images
- Proof reading and assisting with writing tasks
- Support the rest of the team as necessary
Who we’re looking for:
You will need to be educated to degree level or equivalent and have at least a year’s experience in an administrative role with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Key skills we need include:
- Accuracy, attention to detail, particularly note-taking
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
Key attitudes of mind:
- Team-attitude, learnability, commitment and work ethic
- Positive, helpful attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative, meet deadlines and work on several tasks at once
We offer a competitive salary with private health scheme. We are a small friendly team based in Lincoln’s Inn Fields with an entrepreneurial approach and a passion for quality. The company is expanding and there are good prospects for progression as well as international travel.
To apply, please read the full job description then send your CV with a covering letter. Please explain in your letter why you would like to work for us.
Send it to:
Mrs Catherine Reading, Director – [email protected]
Closing date: when position filled
No agencies please.